The recently proposed “Antigua and Barbuda” Citizenship by Investment program is the fourth program in this category after St Kitts and Nevis, Dominica and Austria offering Citizenship for Investors.
Antigua and Barbuda are located in the middle of the Leeward Islands in the Eastern Caribbean. To the south are the islands of Montserrat and Guadaloupe, and to the north and west are Nevis, St. Kitts, St. Barts, and St. Martin.
Antigua, the largest of the English-speaking Leeward Islands, it is about 14 miles long and 11 miles wide, encompassing 108 square miles, Barbuda is a flat coral island with an area of only 68 sq miles. The current population for the nation is approximately 68,000 and its capital is St. John’s on Antigua.
- Citizenship for life within 3-6 months.
- Applications can include spouse and children below 26 and elderly parents above 65.
- No requirement to reside on either Island – visitation of 5 days over first 5 years is required.
- Dual citizenship is allowed for the Islands.
- Visit to over 130 countries without the need to apply for visa prior to travel. Example, United Kingdom, Hong Kong and the Schengen States.
- Non-taxable income – no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax.
- Excellent business advantages such as, corporate tax incentives, full exemption from import duties, tax relief benefits and export allowance.
- The local currency is pegged to US Dollar.
- Reputable passport – easy to obtain visas when required.