The Malta Residency & Visa Program (MRVP) is a Malta government initiative to provide Permanent Residency of Malta to eligible investors. An investor requires to complete all the requirements below in order be eligible to apply for MRVP:
Purchase or Rent a Residential Unit:
Investor is required to either rent or purchase a residential unit as per below:
- Rent a property worth minimum EUR 10,000 per annum for 5 years, OR
- Buy a property worth minimum EUR 320,000 and to be kept for 5 years.
Investor requires to invest in a highly reliable Maltese government bonds in the amount of €250,000 for a period of 5 years. The investment is guaranteed by the Government and can be redeemed after 5 years maturity period.
Financing option can also be considered if required. This option requires for certain financing institutes to charge a one-time total fee of €75,000 (the amount can vary depending on the level of investments) and the Bond is made on behalf of the Investor.
Government Contribution fees:
Investor requires to pay an amount of €30,000 as a processing fees and contribution to Malta Government. This fee is fixed for a family application. An additional €5,000 is applicable for adding each dependent parent to the application.
Eligibility to apply for MRVP
Every applicant requires to have a medical health insurance that covers entire region of the European Union. The medical policy can be acquired after the approval in principle. Approx. cost of a family insurance is estimated at €1,500 annually.
The Investor requires to show evidence that they either have an income of €100,000 in a year OR in possession of assets worth at least €500,000. The assets can be shown as real estate or any multiple investments that in total is worth €500,000.
Note: The main applicant should complete all the above requirements. Investment + Purchase or rent + Contribution fees.
- Required Documents are gathered as per the document checklist along with the assistance of our paralegals.
- Documents are submitted to Malta Residency & Visa Agency (MRVA) along with initial payment of €5,500 which is deducted from the Government Contribution Fees.
- MRVA acknowledges the application received and will begin the process of due diligence of the Investor.
- After completion of due diligence and application processing, MRVA issues a letter of Approval in Principle, which confirms the acceptance of the Investor to apply for the Residency Permit. At this stage the investor is required to complete the requirements of Purchasing/Renting the residential unit + Investment of €250,000 Government bonds (or financing) + paying the balance amount of €24,500 Government Contribution fees.
- After completion of the investment requirements, the Government of Malta issues a Certificate of Residency which confirms the applicants as Permanent Residence of Malta for life.
- Permanent Residence cards for all applicants are issued after the issuance of Certificate of Residency. The Residence card is valid for 5 years and can be renewed accordingly.